There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome and thank you for submitting to bluestockings! We are a Providence, RI-based publication, committed to centering narratives and work from people from marginalized and historically resilient communities.
Please only submit to us if your work offers a critical anti-oppressive analysis or lens.Before submitting, take a moment to read our submission guidelines:
- We accept work from every genre and
medium, and highly encourage work from people of color with intersectional identities. Explore and
engage with the content on our site before submitting.
- We do not accept pieces that
perpetuate racism, colonialism, ableism, transmisogyny, and so on. Be sure that your submissions have an intersectional framework and center people with marginalized identities.
- Our accepted pieces tend to be between 1-3 pages long. If your work is longer than three pages, please send an abbreviated version for publication.
- We are interested in original, unpublished pieces. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, as long as you immediately notify us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Unfortunately, we are not currently able to compensate our writers.
- Please allow two weeks for a response. If you don't hear back within four weeks, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Only send us thoroughly edited final drafts! We look forward to reviewing it!